Эта, присоединяюсь. Интересует же.

• Ответов 605
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

Ну так выкладывайте-) а то заинтриговали тут :D

Эта, присоединяюсь. Интересует же.

Отлично! Это уже более предметный разговор :D

Правда, я читала на английском, не знаю, есть ли где-то перевод.

Chris Pine: The Thinker

BY SHANA NAOMI KROCHMAL

Is Chris Pine too smart for his own good? Or just ours?

Chris Pine shows up with a thesis statement. “I think there is a growing homogenization of what masculinity means,” he says.

Asked by Pine’s reps a week earlier for a brief outline of the focus for this piece, I’d fired off a vague, pretentious email about how leading men in movies seem ripe for reinterpretation -- especially, say, the kind of characters Pine plays, like Star Trek Into Darkness’s Captain Kirk or, coming later this year, Tom Clancy’s CIA hero Jack Ryan. Maybe he would want to talk about that.

He’s read my email. He’s come prepared.

Heroes in today’s films all look the same, Pine argues, ticking off a list: “Bare chested. Very tan. White. Brown hair, blue eyes, perfect skin.” He grimaces. “That is so -- not real.”

But Pine seems very real, in a very perfect, unreal way. Today, sitting outside a small coffee shop in Los Angeles, he’s wearing a baseball hat, sneakers, slim-fit cargo pants, and a tight white tank top. The California sun glints off his golden-brown shoulders, and, when he lifts his sunglasses, his eyes are most definitely blue. (Indoors, they are a speech-stoppingly bright blue, a shade so intense I’d assumed they only looked that way onscreen because of some post-production magic.)

Somehow he doesn’t draw any undue attention sitting smack in the middle of a Sunset Boulevard sidewalk with his iced coffee and chicken sandwich. Maybe it’s because we’re slightly off the city’s center aisle at Intelligentsia, a low-key neighborhood staple in Silver Lake, and he’s dressed more like the well-maintained bro next door than a guy who will star in not one but two massive franchise films in 2013.

Or maybe it’s because he doesn’t want to preen for a celebrity puff piece. “Trying to think of new ways to talk about myself is always… odd,” he says. He’d rather wax poetic about masculinity -- and he will, at length. “It really got me thinking,” he says. “I don’t even know where to begin.”

Pine reminds me that there’s something people always say about a guy like him: “The big joke is, what are you going to do with an English major?”

He’s not kidding -- he earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of California, Berkeley’s top-notch English department in 2002 -- but even without the pedigree, it’s obvious this guy is smart. Not just actor smart. Not just wisecracking late-night talk-show smart or charming, control-the-narrative-of-your-own-cover-story smart. He’s the kind of smart you have to hustle to keep up with. The kind of smart that seems unfair, given the fact that he’s also a keenly talented actor who stares at you so sincerely with those blue eyes while spitting out 50-point Scrabble words.

It’s possible that Pine’s success is in part a fluke of timing. He’s come into the prime of his leading man potential just as action movies—still the gold standard for a box office–driven industry obsessed with drawing young men into its clutches—seem to be getting more intelligent, even if they cycle through the same archetypal territories of daddy issues, best-buddy bromances, and reluctant heroism.

Nerd king Joss Whedon (a feminist film studies major once best known for creating Buffy: The Vampire Slayer) helmed the biggest opening-weekend box-office success of all time with last year’s complex comic supergroup, The Avengers. Sam Mendes (American Beauty) made a new man out of James Bond in the artsy, slick Skyfall. And Pine’s two big tentpole movie directors -- Star Trek’s J.J. Abrams and Jack Ryan’s Kenneth Branagh -- used to be synonymous with critically acclaimed TV (Lost) and William Shakespeare, respectively.

Branagh, who also gave us Chris Hemsworth as Thor, has a simple formula for upping the ante: “You just assume at all times that the audience is as smart -- and probably much smarter -- than you are,” he says. “The best action movies are when you feel that there’s a credible motivation behind what’s going on. People like Chris Pine, they go hunting for that. They’ve got this radar for the truth, and they try to apply that—however fantastical the situations may be.”

Like those grown-up geeks now let loose in the studios’ big sandbox, Pine is a serious student of the silver screen -- especially its leading men.

“You take someone like a Bruce Willis or a Charles Bronson -- the definition of masculinity there becomes about the ability to inflict violence, take revenge, take what’s yours,” he says. “I’m thinking in my mind about Clint Eastwood squinting with the gun in Dirty Harry. Not smiling, squinting -- very cold and cut off.”

“But then you have Marlon Brando in The Wild Bunch. In Streetcar Named Desire or Last Tango [in Paris]. Or Tom Hardy, I think, has it -- this ability to inflict incredible violence in the blink of an eye, but then also to cry and to show great vulnerability. Those two polarities are in many ways indicative of the human experience in its most extreme.”

None of those are quite the kind of male movie star Pine has become. He carries too much mirth to be stone-cold cruel, too much charisma for the brute force Hardy displays, for example, in Warrior. Branagh cites another blue-eyed antecedent: “It goes back to someone like Paul Newman,” he says. “The character actor in the leading man’s body -- Chris has that.”

И интервью Закари Куинто.

Zachary Quinto on the Epic Kirk-Spock Bromance

BY SHANA NAOMI KROCHMAL

With the impending release of Star Trek: Into Darkness, we caught up with the star to discuss co-star Chris Pine

Photograph by Michael Muller

Since Zachary Quinto was seen on the cover of Out last October, the actor/producer has starred in a critically acclaimed production of Tennessee Williams’ The Glass Menagerie—now Broadway-bound—slipped back into Spock’s pointy ears for the sequel to 2009’s hit Star Trek and produced, through his company Before the Door, three feature films, including All is Lost (starring Robert Redford), which will premiere this month at Cannes.

Just before he set off on a globe-trotting promotional tour for Star Trek: Into Darkness (in theaters May 17), we talked to Quinto about his surprise visit to Chris Pine’s cover shoot for Out's June issue, his perspective on the epic Kirk-Spock bromance, and what his good buddy Pine cares about even more than being a good actor.

Out: Did Chris come to you for any advice about being on our cover?

Zachary Quinto: It was a surprise to me! I had another photo shoot [in the same building] on the same day, and I saw when I came in what the studio assignments were. I was so psyched that he was doing it. Chris doesn’t need much advice how to be on the cover of anything, I don’t think.

What kind of a friend is Chris? What does he mean to you?

He is fiercely intelligent. He is endlessly curious about himself and the world around him. He is really compassionate. He is really reliable. Authentic. Loyal. Enormously talented. I have been very lucky to work with people by and large whom I would love to spend time with outside of work. The cast of Star Trek—and Chris in particular—really rank at the top of that list, because we all experienced something so profound and transformed as a result of that together. And to watch what Chris has done with that has really inspired me. I’m grateful to be his friend.

Do you get to spend time together outside of when you’re shooting or promoting a film?

We do. We actually have a lot of mutual friends. We have circle of friends that overlap, so we kind of knew each other before the movie a little bit. We met before we started shooting. There’s kind of six degrees of separation all around. We do run into each other. I’ll go to someone’s house for dinner and Chris will just be there, and I will have not necessarily known that I would run into him. We travel in similar circles. But then we also make plans together as friends when we’re both in L.A. But when we’re both in L.A. has kind of been a rarity lately. I look forward to the press tour and all of the activity that’s kicked up around the movie lately so we can reconnect and have another version of the experience.

What have you learned about Chris that you think would surprise people?

Umm. I would say… [Laughs] Many things. Many things that would surprise people. But ones that I would feel are appropriate to talk about… He has a really incredible eye for design. He’s been working on his house and doing this beautiful work, creating very interesting spaces with furniture configurations and pieces of art and landscaping. He’s really inspired me in terms of his relationship to creating a space in which he can find solitude.

Chris and I spent some time talking about what it means to be a modern male movie star. What kind of roles would you love to see him play?

He has an incredible range as an actor. That’s one thing that people might not always, might not be the first place their minds go [because of] that kind of classical American, good looking, charismatic leading man that Chris is. But his range as an actor is phenomenal. I’ve seen him do work on stage—and in other environments beside tentpole blockbuster franchise movies—that have blown me away, even more than just how blown away I am by working with him. I would love to see a diversity of opportunities for him moving forward. He’s got Jack Ryan coming out, he’s really building significant momentum, and I think this next Trek movie is going to be hopefully big. I feel like he really can do anything. I don’t say that about a lot of actors, and from working with him and watching him work, I think I would really most love for people to be able to know that and see him do whatever he wants to do, whatever parts of himself he wants to show.

He told me he thinks leading men have become really homogenized. How is Chris Pine different than those other guys?

We all have our struggle against that. Ultimately that is only within ourselves. That is something that every single actor at every level in the game, especially at this level of the game—which is ascending to the highest level. You’re going to be up against that, how you identify yourself and how other people identify you. And I think the thing about Chris is that he cares more about that first quality than the second. He really cares more about being a good person—as well as a good actor—and knowing that at the end of the day, you have to unplug from that comparison game, because it will absolutely drain you. And it will devour any possibility for endless depth. And I know that’s what he wants.

That’s maybe what sets him apart; but I don’t know what those [other] actors want. I don’t know all of them. I can only speak to the man that I know, and I know Chris first and foremost cares about digging deeper within himself, about being a good person and being a more authentic person and understanding himself more. That is impressive, and that is all that we can ask of ourselves. That will set him apart. That will set his journey apart, and that will set his work apart in the end.

Chris called Kirk and Spock together “like a dialectic of a human being.” Got any bigger words to describe it?

Kirk and Spock will infinitely come at things from diametrically opposed points of view. But they always meet in the middle, and that exploration between them—there’s so much there, there’s so much depth in that. It’s so much fun to dive into it. I love that he and I got to inherit that dynamic, which obviously pre-exists us thanks to Leonard [Nimoy] and Bill Shatner. It’s endlessly fascinating to me, and that’s why I think the characters and the story and the franchise are so enduring.

Can you give me three ways to describe the precise color blue of Chris’ eyes?

Cerulean. Bombay Sapphire. The deep end of the pool. :roll:

Надеюсь, Зак от души говорит))

Ругать друг друга у актёров не принято, но я всё равно буду верить, что он в самом деле столь тёплые чувства испытывает)

То есть вот эти глаза у Пайна - это не линзы? Вот хад везучий XD

Надеюсь, Зак от души говорит))

Ругать друг друга у актёров не принято, но я всё равно буду верить, что он в самом деле столь тёплые чувства испытывает)

То есть вот эти глаза у Пайна - это не линзы? Вот хад везучий XD

Мне кажется, такое не от души не наговоришь)) Хотя когда они вместе интервью дают, создается двойственное впечатление об их взаимоотношениях.

Я так понимаю, что линзы он иногда носит, но не цветные, а для зрения. (Правда, это не мешает им усиливать цвет глаз ЛОЛ) Но вот в том же "Стартреке" на крупных планах видно, что он без линз. Т.е. получается, что реально такие яркие) Хотя мне это до сих пор кажется невероятным :D

Мне кажется, такое не от души не наговоришь)) Хотя когда они вместе интервью дают, создается двойственное впечатление об их взаимоотношениях.

Я так понимаю, что линзы он иногда носит, но не цветные, а для зрения. (Правда, это не мешает им усиливать цвет глаз ЛОЛ) Но вот в том же "Стартреке" на крупных планах видно, что он без линз. Т.е. получается, что реально такие яркие) Хотя мне это до сих пор кажется невероятным :D

В смысле "двойственное"? Не особо друг другу приятны, но поскольку вместе снимаются, то пытаются быть вежливо-приятными?

Уууууу, я в возмущении)

Требую себе такие же!

Спасибо за вьюшку-) Да, интересно было почитать. Не знала что Крис еще дизайном занимается, ну а про то что он очень умный парень, это я уже догадалась из других вьюшек-)

Мне понравилось как Заки описал глаза Пайна:

Cerulean. Bombay Sapphire. The deep end of the pool ( лазурные, бомбейский сапфир, глубина бассейна)

Очень точны все три определения-)

It’s endlessly fascinating to me

Это уже в Заке Спок заговорил:lol:

В смысле "двойственное"? Не особо друг другу приятны, но поскольку вместе снимаются, то пытаются быть вежливо-приятными?

Нет, не так. С одной стороны, ясно видно, что они - близкие друзья, весь бади лэнгуидж об этом кричит. А с другой, бывают неловкие моменты, когда один из них забивает другого (чаще Зак - Криса), всё это маскируется под шутки, но при этом кажется очень натянутым. Но, может быть, в какой-то степени это обманчивое впечатление. Энивей, искренность Зака вызывает у меня большие сомнения во многих моментах. А что скрывается за молчанием Криса - это еще бОльший вопрос.

Спасибо за вьюшку-) Да, интересно было почитать. Не знала что Крис еще дизайном занимается, ну а про то что он очень умный парень, это я уже догадалась из других вьюшек-)

Мне понравилось как Заки описал глаза Пайна:

Cerulean. Bombay Sapphire. The deep end of the pool ( лазурные, бомбейский сапфир, глубина бассейна)

Очень точны все три определения-)

Не за что, я рада, что наконец-то нашла, с кем ею поделиться))))

А насчет занятий дизайном... Мне кажется, в нем еще куча всяких сюрпризов. И актер, и дизайнер, и на гитаре играет, и на фортепиано, и поет... Кто знает, что еще? :D

Очень редко, но действительно у некоторых людей бывают глаза невероятного цвета без всяких линз.

Вчера услышала в какой-то передаче, как Крис жаловался на дороговизну Москвы - за бокал спиртного и куриную грудку он отдал 200 долларов. Я его понимаю. Досадно, но это факт - у нас только ценами все и "восхищаются". В Таиланде я за такие деньги могу два месяца шикарно питаться.

Очень редко, но действительно у некоторых людей бывают глаза невероятного цвета без всяких линз.

Вчера услышала в какой-то передаче, как Крис жаловался на дороговизну Москвы - за бокал спиртного и куриную грудку он отдал 200 долларов. Я его понимаю. Досадно, но это факт - у нас только ценами все и "восхищаются". В Таиланде я за такие деньги могу два месяца шикарно питаться.

Чо?! Где он так нажрать умудрился? Где такие цены нашёл?!

Он не сказал! Я думаю, в каком-то баре. Теперь вот возмущается, жестикулирует, своими прекрасными глазами сверкает.

Он не сказал! Я думаю, в каком-то баре. Теперь вот возмущается, жестикулирует, своими прекрасными глазами сверкает.

Да на 6000 штук в Москве аж две грудки и два бокала пива (или даже вина!!!) употребить можно!

В "Неуправляемом" понравился. А "Значит, война" так и не смотрел, но мне кажется что там Харди его сделал).

В "Неуправляемом" понравился. А "Значит, война" так и не смотрел, но мне кажется что там Харди его сделал).

Не сделал. Наравне они были.

Не сделал. Наравне они были.

Ясно, надо будет посмотреть обязательно. А ведь собирался в кино пойти еще, но потом передумал.:(

Не, Харди его там не сделал. И что удивительно - действительно веселое, приятное кино. Я его в кинотеатре смотрела и смеялась. Причем моему другу тоже понравилось, хотя он не любит голливудские комедии.

Крис может быть разным, хотя в какой-то мере и является заложником своей правильной внешности.

Это у Джимми Киммела было буквально на днях. Первая часть, остальные в релэйтед. Он там еще много про Россию говорил, в частности, как их на премьеру в метро везли :D

И сейчас набрела как раз на альтернативную концовку "Значит, война". Вот если бы так оставили, было бы лучше. \

Его красивая мордашка мелькала в нескольких фильмах для одноразового просмотра.

А вот "Козырные тузы" не видела, поэтому не буду спешить с выводами.

А вот "Козырные тузы" не видела, поэтому не буду спешить с выводами.

Он там на пару минут появился.

Он там на пару минут появился.

а я купилась на отзывы)) думаю - "Всё! Крутой фильм! Смотреть надо"

За естественные глаза Кирка ручаюсь.У меня у папы глаза синие-синие, я аж фоткаться с ним не люблю, ибо у него взгляд красивее. И все мои парни после знакомства с батькой в оптику бегут, неудобно им быть серыми).

а я купилась на отзывы)) думаю - "Всё! Крутой фильм! Смотреть надо"

Не, смотреть надо:) Хотя бы ради его "пары минут". Больно уж они характерные. Да и вообще фильм неплохой. Я например до него Райана Рейнольдса вообще как актера не воспринимала, но ё-мое как он концовку отыграл душевно!

Не за что, я рада, что наконец-то нашла, с кем ею поделиться))))

А насчет занятий дизайном... Мне кажется, в нем еще куча всяких сюрпризов. И актер, и дизайнер, и на гитаре играет, и на фортепиано, и поет... Кто знает, что еще? :D

Вах, ну просто супер жених-))

Чо?! Где он так нажрать умудрился? Где такие цены нашёл?!

Я навскидку уже три места вспомнила по таким ценам-) один Пушкин чего стоит...

Так что да, у нас невероятно дорогой город, он прав.

А мне надо добраться наконец до "Значит, война". Все никак не гляну.

Посмотрела вчера серию CSI: Miami, никто не видел? Какой там Крис! :D Очаровательный мерзавец :roll:

Первая часть, остальные в релэйтед.[/url] Он там еще много про Россию говорил, в частности, как их на премьеру в метро везли :D

Вот молодцы, а то если ехать не на метро, опоздаешь на два часа!

Мне кажется, Крис с какой-то детской непосредственностью все воспринимает и рассказывает об этом - и это подкупает.

Ну и эти его глаза... Люблю разглядывать глаза - однажды увидела у одного человека почти синие глаза, да так и застыла ;-)

А в какой серии Майями он был? Что-то я не помню. Правда, я Майями не весь смотрела, т.к. он для меня гораздо слабее Лас-Вегаса - вот там у меня большая любовь к некоторым сериям.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...