Доктор Сон (Doctor Sleep)

Рекомендуемые сообщения

• Ответов 357
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

Топ авторов темы

Изображения в теме

Кингу верить - такое конечно. Но я сам по себе надеюсь на этот фильм!

пришел к WB поговорить насчет DC, а в итоге...

Would you direct a superhero movie?

“Absolutely! This movie happened because of that.”

“I was taking a meeting at Warner Bros. to talk about the DC Universe and at that meeting, I was meeting with John Burke and we were talking about Stephen King because I had just finished Gerald’s Game. And that’s how this whole thing started because I went in hoping to talk about directing a DC movie.”

Первые отзывы

As a huge fan of Kubrick's The Shining, King's books & Mike Flanagan, I'm giddy that Doctor Sleep is seriously GREAT. It's an excellent & faithful adaptation that makes smart changes — especially melding the '80 film & the sequel book — and the casting/performances are phenomenal

Those who go into it not familiar with the book should know Doctor Sleep is a totally different kind of story than The Shining, but doing its own thing it is a fantastic expansion of the world and themes.

Doctor Sleep is the best Stephen King adaption since Shawshank Redemption. Mike Flanagan has perfectly combined nostalgia with tension, mystery, and suspense. The entire cast is superb. There are a number of surprises that will make King fans squeal with delight.

Fans of The Shining are really gonna love Doctor Sleep. It's at its best when its fueled by follow-up. Starts slowly and descends into madness, just like its predecessor. One specific scene is really horrifying, some solid scares, and good performances across the board.

DOCTOR SLEEP: The boldest choice here is that Mike Flanagan doesn't even try to do Kubrick. He makes a Mike Flanagan movie: spooky, emotional, ultimately optimistic. Not only a sequel to THE SHINING, but a response to it, an attempt to reconcile King and Kubrick. Loved it.

When I interviewed Flanagan, he made it clear that he knows some of the film's choices will divide people. And yes, there are elements I struggled with. But when DOCTOR SLEEP works, which is most of the time, it *works*. It's a far better depiction of King's voice than IT.

In DOCTOR SLEEP, which I quite liked, Rebecca Ferguson's truly evil villain has a crustpunk carnie aesthetic and let me tell you...it works

Really enjoyed Doctor Sleep, and it's not JUST because I love Rebecca Ferguson, but... it's not insignificant. Feels very King & Flanagan-y; horror reflected through family trauma. Fans of Flanagan's Haunting of Hill House will love it.

Doctor Sleep works best when it's sticking to Stephen King's novel. The moment it starts trying to recreate elements of Kubrick's SHINING, it stumbles a bit. Still, Flanagan nails the emotional elements (no surprise there). And Rebecca Ferguson owns the entire movie.

The True Knot in the book is lame as hell. But Flanagan finds a way to make them genuinely scary, interesting villains. There's a lot more stuff I want to talk about, but it would all be considered very spoilery. So!

Flanagan is one of the few filmmakers who really *gets* King. He understands that beneath all the horror, King is really a big old softie. And when DOCTOR SLEEP leans into those elements, it sings.

Doctor Sleep will likely give The Shining fans everything they'd want from a sequel (and some things they probably didn't). Rebecca Ferguson is wonderful and it all looks utterly gorgeous, but it's not perfect and needs more memorable scares.

With Doctor Sleep, Mike Flanagan delivers the best parts of Kubrick and King in one movie.

It made me feel silly for wanting to step back into The Overlook, instead of stepping forward from The Shining with Danny.

Rebecca is an instant icon, and Ewan completely nails it.

Doctor Sleep is another trauma-fuelled emotional horror from Flanagan that made me ugly cry in public. Understandably shakes up the book quite a bit, but keeps King's heart right where it needs to be. Where does one sign up for Rebecca Ferguson's cult? Asking for a friend.

It’s been a great yr for Stephen King adaptations but I think Doctor Sleep is the best of the bunch. Thrilled me in ways I wasn’t expecting, made me emotional at times & Rebecca Ferguson is ferocious. What a wonderful celebration of Kubrick, King & Mike Flanagan’s career as well.

Also, there are two moments in Doctor Sleep that really crawled under my skin & I can only imagine for those with kids, it’ll be a hundred times worse. My god.

Doctor Sleep is a well crafted, very creepy and often scary thriller that cleverly recreates moments and sets from The Shining. The cast is great, especially young Kyliegh Curran. Definitely a big thumbs up for the film from me.

DoctorMovie: A hallucinogenic horrorscape, Mike Flanagan channels King’s waking nightmares & familial trauma artfully. Crafts visceral, disquieting dread not too dissimilar to Kubrick’s masterpiece. McGregor & Ferguson give perfectly pitched performances.

Первые отзывы

Че-т прям шедевр грядет? Наверное в кино пойду.

Ещё отзывы

I was fully invested in Doctor Sleep which is a satisfying supernatural thriller that distinguishes itself apart from its predecessor, The Shining, while also paying homage. Ripe with chills, jumps, scares and a hefty emotional weight.

Fans of the book will no doubt toil over some aspects, particularly in the third act, but you’ll be hard pressed to not walk away feeling that it closes out the story in a way that appeases fans of The Shining, Stephen King and the Torrance family legacy.

Ewan McGregor and Kyliegh Curran are excellent, but the standout for me was Rebecca Ferguson as Rose The Hat, a great new villain to add to Stephen King’s long line of unforgettable baddies that you can’t help but love (and love to hate)

There’s a lot to take in with Doctor Sleep and I’m sure it will divide hardcore fans of the films vs. the books, but in the end this is quality Stephen King stuff done exceptionally and with care by director Mike Flanagan

I will dare to go back.

Doctor Sleep: in a year full of great Stephen King adaptations, this one is far and away my favorite. McGregor gives an absolutely fantastic and soulful performance as the haunted Danny Torrance. An amazing standalone film as well excellent sequel to The Shining!

Rebecca Ferguson is also terrifying as Rose the Hat. She steals much of the film, and she really gets under your skin. Honestly, this may be one of my favorite Stephen King adaptations EVER. It’s just haunting, beautiful, and fun. Check it out, guys!

Doctor Sleep somehow does justice to both King and Kubrick while perfectly fitting into Flanagan's already impressive, somber-creepy catalog. It runs on the heart of its characters and their plight. And Rebecca Ferguson's Rose the Hat is poised to be a new horror icon.

I -loved- Doctor Sleep, such a brilliant love letter to Kubrick's original, unafraid to be both thrilling and entirely worshipful of what came before. Equal parts nostalgia and axing its own path, not unlike the (underloved) 2010, it's my most surprising gem of 2019.

I really, really loved Doctor Sleep. Mike Flanagan is a master and one of the greatest adapters of King’s material. Somehow manages to do the novel, King’s original novel for The Shining and Kubrick’s adaptation justice all at once. Scary, thrilling and very sad. See it ASAP.

Rebecca Ferguson’s Rose the Hat is so blood thirsty and twisted and vaguely sexual in everything she does and it’s GREAT. DR. SLEEP is good so LET REBECCA BE A STAR.

DR. SLEEP is a truly Mike Flanagan bad-sad nightmare that has some beautiful flourishes of the fantastic. It looks like a storybook and hits like a hammer at points, and is really surprisingly and delightfully WEIRD for a big studio horror release.

Doctor Sleep is another trauma-fuelled emotional horror from Flanagan that made me ugly cry in public. Understandably shakes up the book quite a bit, but keeps King's heart right where it needs to be. Where does one sign up for Rebecca Ferguson's cult? Asking for a friend.

As for The Shining stuff, ymmv. Some of it owns, some of it's iffier, but it's all done with reverence for the icons that preceded it & w/ a lot of thought on how to honor them both. The story's beating heart is in the present but Flanagan understands the power of the past.

I'm mixed on Doctor Sleep. Performance McGregor is great & the MVP is Rebecca Ferguson. I am torn bc of what was excluded in the adaptation. To me, those were the heart of the story. Visuals are A+, but I recommend NOT reading the book if you want to embrace the film.

Хвалят фильм и в ВОСТОРГЕ от Фергюсон

[ATTACH]591905[/ATTACH]

Ну и отлично, рад за Флэнегана!

TKLYM3m.jpg

[ATTACH]591927[/ATTACH][ATTACH]591928[/ATTACH]

Doctor Sleep is one of my favorite films of the year. It’s not just a great horror film about substance abuse and trauma, it’s having a complex conversation about why Kubrick’s and King’s different interpretations of THE SHINING are equally valid and can absolutely coexist.

It is, in no uncertain terms, amazing that Mike Flanagan managed to make a sequel to Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING and get away with it, let alone turn it into its own impressive entity, let alone transform it into a rich work of art criticism. Damn, Doctor Sleep is fascinating.

Loved DOCTOR SLEEP..the perfect combo of King and Kubrick. Breathtaking rebuilding of The Overlook and a wonderful central performance from Rebecca Ferguson as Rose The Hat..THE future Halloween costume of choice.

На томатах все равно будет в районе 60%

The next chapter in the story of THE SHINING

MT 59, RT - 76% после 22 рецензий

Update

75%

Average Rating: 6.87/10

Total Count: 31

Fresh: 24 Rotten: 7

Первые смотревшие может и были в экстазе, как уверял Кинг, но в итоге чуть лучше второго Оно, наверное

С топами хуже - 44% пока что

Так Кинг и от второго Оно уссыкался в твитторе.

Если останется в итоге на 70+, то норм. У «Окулуса» 75 и кин годный.

сильно чую, что Фленеган тут впервые жидко обосрался, еще и бешеный хронометр. завтра скажу, че как

Laborious, directionless and densely populated with boring new characters among whom the narrative focus is muddled and split. Doctor Sleep review и 2 / 5 stars от Бредшоу.

Пичаль.

сильно чую, что Фленеган тут впервые жидко обосрался

изначальный материал располагал к этому ;)

сильно чую, что Фленеган тут впервые жидко обосрался, еще и бешеный хронометр. завтра скажу, че как

Оооо. Хочу 4/10. Для меня переведется в 8/10.)

изначальный материал располагал к этому
матерьял читался с интересом.

По трейлеру что-то невразумительное и попахивает комедией. Американцев стало кринить в комедию в жанре ужасов. По-крайней мере с Кингом у них такой замес пошел.

В камео снялся

Значит опять первые отзывы были завышенные. (

Но все равно надо будет самому смотреть.

Изменено 31.10.2019 08:25 пользователем Table Top Joe

Надо. Очень надо считаю посмотреть самому в кино.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...