КРИС ПАЙН

snPe0j6.jpg

Аннетт БенингДэнни ДеВито 

Bwohyiv.jpg 4Xnojtp.jpeg

ДеВанда УайзДженнифер Джейсон ЛиДжон Ортис 

Клэнси БраунСтивен ТоболовскиРэй Уайз

Цитата
Детективная комедия

Даррен Баннеман присматривает за бассейном в многоквартирном доме, а в свободное от работы время борется за то, чтобы сделать родной Лос-Анджелес лучшим местом для жизни. Когда роковая женщина поручает ему раскрыть правду о теневой коммерческой сделке, детектив-любитель Баннеман вступает в противостояние с коррумпированным политиком и жадным застройщиком, раскрывая заговор с целью хищения городских водных ресурсов.

Цитата

Мировая премьера — 11 сентября 2023 (кинофестиваль в Торонто)

Премьера (США) — 10 мая 2024

Премьера (РФ) — 9 мая 2024

Время — 100 мин

Крис заручился поддержкой Пэтти и подался в режиссеры. Удачи ему.

Присоединились Ариана ДеБос и Дженнифер Джейсон Ли

Права на прокат в Великобритании приобрела Signature Entertainment

AGC International reports major pre-sales on Chris Pine directing debut ‘Poolman’

The film starring Pine, Annette Bening, Danny DeVito, Jennifer Jason Leigh and DeWanda Wise has gone to Paramount International for Canada, Germany, Italy, Benelux, Switzerland, Turkey and Asia pay-TV, as well as Sun Distribution in Latin America and Spain, and Studiocanal in Australia and New Zealand.

Elsewhere deals have closed in Scandinavia and Iceland (Mis Label), CIS and the Baltic States (Paradise/MGN), Eastern Europe (Monolith International), Middle East (Salim Ramia), Portugal (Nos Lusomundo), Israel (United King), South Africa (Empire Entertainment), India (Lionsgate), Greece (Spentzos), and airlines (WME)

Esquire

Even as an A-list star, you’re ultimately at the mercy of decision-making forces beyond your control. You’re seen a certain way, and it shapes what you’re offered. This is the job.

Which, in a roundabout way, is why Pine spent the past two years making a movie called Poolman, a mystery in which he’s an L.A. apartment-complex pool cleaner turned charmed-idiot gumshoe. When we’re done talking today, Pine will change into jeans and a white T-shirt and drive to a film-production house in Burbank, where he’ll do the final color-correction pass on the movie, and by eight or nine o’clock tonight he’ll officially be finished with his directorial debut.

Patty Jenkins remembers the conversations that led to the movie. They were in Spain, shooting Wonder Woman 1984, making each other laugh between shots. “It was the guy’s name, Darren Barrenman, and his job—poolman,” Pine says. “It just made me giggle.”

But Jenkins also remembers telling Pine around the same time, “You gotta do something else on these tentpoles besides wait in your trailer.”

“She said it felt to her like I was really bored, that maybe I felt uninspired, that I was doing the same old shtick,” Pine says. He believes there was some truth to that.

He met with at least one writer about developing his pool-cleaner idea but ended up writing the script himself, during quarantine, with his longtime friend Ian Gotler. They met every day, talked about the best scripts ever written, screened Chinatown and broke it down. The film they wrote hinges, like Chinatown, on misappropriated L.A. water; unlike Chinatown, there’s a scene in which the characters realize they’re in a Chinatown-type situation and decide to watch Chinatownon VHS. Poolman shares DNA with slacker noirs like The Big Lebowski and Inherent Vice; Darren’s somewhere between the Dude and Chauncey Gardiner from Being There. But the movie is more than the sum of its influences. It has its own rhythms, its own concerns. It never feels like an exercise. As Harry Styles might say, it feels like a movie.

When Pine sent Jenkins the first draft, she was a little shocked. “It was a fucking masterpiece,” she tells me. “I couldn’t fucking believe it.” She came on board as a producer. The financing started to flow once Pine signed on to star. And while he says he didn’t conceive the film in order to direct it, after he and Gotler had written it, he “couldn’t imagine it being directed by anyone else.”

Pine cast Danny DeVito as Darren’s neighbor Jack, a down-on-his-luck movie director. DeVito’s own directing career stretches back to Taxi; he says he can tell when a first-time director has the goods. “I used to call him Orson,” DeVito says—as in Welles, as in wunderkind. “Right out of the box. Details. Has his finger in every pie. A very strong vision.”

Annette Bening—who plays Diane, Jack’s wife, an actress who becomes a Jungian analyst—says Pine brought an actor’s instincts to the job. “He knows how to kind of whisper in your ear, which I think most people prefer. A quiet, intimate exchange.” A quick one, too: “Long, intellectual treatises, once you’re in front of the camera, are never happy experiences.”

Diane and Jack function as surrogate parents to Pine’s Darren. It happens that Pine’s mother, Gwynne Gilford, was an actress who became a marriage and family therapist; in one scene, Jack tells a rambling, pointless story about a restaurant experience where you cook your own food that Pine says is cribbed in part from a similarly rambling story his own father told him during a quarantine-era family visit.

“Jack and Diane are versions of my parents,” Pine confirms. “On its deepest level, this movie is about a boy-man becoming a man, individuating and figuring out who the fuck he is separate from his parents, and coming to terms with the idea that he’s felt alone. There are some bigger life issues I think I was dealing with, making this thing.”

Including—maybe—giving himself permission to make it at all. Jenkins is convinced that Poolman marks the debut of “a big-time, prolific director. This guy is not going to stop. This is so who he is. I think he might be more of a writer-director than he is an actor.”

But when I tell her Pine seems a little self-conscious about presenting himself that way, she’s not surprised. Jenkins points to Pine’s background—to his parents, to a father who did more than four hundred episodes of television, the model of a working actor, blessed over the years with a few steady gigs, never a household name, earning a living one Murder, She Wrote or L.A. Law or Baywatch at a time. “That’s what Chris thought being an actor was,” she suggests. “So it’s uncomfortable to step out of that into being, A, a huge movie star but then, B, going even further, to be a grand artist. There’s something for Chris about being content with the space he’s occupied in his career—I’m a journeyman actor, I’m just happy to be here—that Chris very much can’t stop applying to himself. There’s always a part of him that’s like, I’m lucky to be offered anything.”

Мировая премьера в Торонто

Пайн решил бахнуть Лебовски и Пляжным бездельником в одном флаконе? Или все будет серьезно и драматично? Ждем ждем! Первый скрин топ!)

Producer Stacey Sher Talks

Chris Pine’s Directorial Debut ‘Poolman’,

His Love Letter To L.A.

chrispine.thumb.jpg.f807926a3e7617cddacfb0b554229f22.jpg

Что за ужас там Пайн понаписал да понаснимал

14%

3.4/10

Fresh 1

Rotten 6

Metascore 25 после 4 рецензий

Наверное тоже самое где Макконахи играл бомжа с пляжа

Видимо в рф двже выйдет

Североамериканские права приобрела Vertical

Что с тобой стало, капитан Кирк младший

Та да. С этими волосами и бородой ему лет 15-20 накинуть можно.

По трулеру — какой-то Last Looks c щепоткой Inherent Vice. Вангую тухлятину, где Пайн на 20% прикольный, на 80% — переигрывает/раздражает.

Да вроде прикольно выглядит. Как выше писали напоминает Inherent Vice и по моему есть что-то от Under Silver lake. Оба фильма отличные, так что если тут нечто похожее, то смотреть надо. 

Ну смотреть конечно нужно

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...