Rogue Squadron

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Да.

Он хотя бы не скучный

Да.

Он хотя бы не скучный

"Скучный-это не минус фильма. Это факт вашей биографии" (с) Долин

Star Wars' Next Movie Receives Promising Development Update

It's been a while since Star Wars: Rogue Squadron received its last status update. The last time the film made the news rounds was for unfavorable reasons: reports circulated that Patty Jenkins' film had been delayed indefinitely. Rogue Squadron is still scheduled for a December 2023 release on Disney's slate, but there's been no official update on the status of the project.

One of many questions surrounding this movie is if Patty Jenkins herself remains in the director's chair. There was word that scheduling conflicts were partially to blame for the film's pre-production issues, but Jenkins has since parted ways with Cleopatra, which will presumably afford her more time and energy to Star Wars. Lucasfilm, however, hasn't commented on the matter, and there have been no reports from the trades providing further insight into the situation in recent months.

Script issues were said to be another problem that has plagues Rogue Squadron, as many of the new Star Wars projects have. Rumors suggested that Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy had paused pre-production for the film, largely in an effort for the studio to iron out the story first. Little is known about the trajectory of the narrative, though Jenkins asserted her desire to make it a unique flight experience.

The Rogue Squadron video games have been confirmed to be a source of inspiration for the movie, to the relief of many fans. Those familiar with the X-Wing EU novels are aware that several of the books follow Rogue Squadron as well, created by author Michael A. Stackpole. While this doesn't serve as confirmation that a green light was given, Stackpole says he has had discussions with Jenkins about the project.

Twitter user @Jedi4Liberty shared details from his recent experience at GalaxyCon Richmond, including a meeting with author Michael A. Stackpole. The writer, who created Rogue Squadron in the Legends X-Wing comics and novels, stated he was excited about the Rogue Squadron film and revealed he had been in contact with director Patty Jenkins "early on."

"Great meeting Michael Stackpole who told me he was highly excited about the upcoming Rogue Squadron movie and assured me Patty Jenkins had been in contact with him early on."

It's not much, but Stackpole's comments are just enough to give Star Wars fans hope that Rogue Squadron is advancing towards production. There hasn't been a film in the galaxy far, far away since The Rise of Skywalker in 2019, a taste that many hope to rinse their mouths of with a glorious return to theaters for Star Wars. Assuming the initial deadline is still on target, it will have been four years since a flick from this series hit the silver screen.

What's strange about the situation is the complete radio silence surrounding the project. There are usually reports from trades and fan outlets alike that drop casting details, as has been the case for the Disney+ series, but there's been no word on any actors joining Rogue Squadron. With a December 2023 release window, the absolute latest production can begin would be this Summer before any delays are incurred.

Regardless of the film's production status, it's encouraging to hear that Jenkins had discussions with Stackpole about the squadron. The author's comments are vague enough to keep fans guessing about when talks occurred, and it's likely that the "early on" stage has elapsed. That being said, there's been a clear sense of passion from Patty Jenkins to get the project right, and reaching out to the creator of the film's foundation is a great start.

Fans can likely expect an official update for the movie come late May during Star Wars Celebration. At that point, everyone will know if Rogue Squadron is next, if the rumored Old Republic movie is taking its place, or if something else entirely will be taking the release slot - assuming Star Wars holds onto the space at all. The next feature film's success is critical for the franchise, and Lucasfilm is wise to take the time needed to get everything sorted out.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron is currently scheduled to fly into theaters on December 22, 2023.

По словам Кэтлин Кеннеди, проект отложен, но не отменен

Жив по словам Дженкинс

"I orginally left Rogue Squadron after a long productive development process when it became clear it couldn't happen soon enough and I did not want to delay [Wonder Woman 3] any further," Jenkins said in a statement on Twitter. "When I did, Lucasfilm asked me to consider coming back to RS after WW3, which I was honored to do, so I agreed. They made a new deal with me. In fact, I am still on it and that project has been in active development ever since."

Неужели Айгер благоволит проекту?

А так - надеюсь и жду, из нового по ЗВ, наряду с Аколитом - единственное, что интересно (+ Андор, но там уже понятно, чего ждать)

Надеюсь, у режиссерки получатся те самые сказочные ЗВ, по которым тут, во время премьеры Андора, столько сокрушались, да я и сам посмотрел бы что-то типа Новой надежды, только по духу, а не по сюжету.

Больше не находится в активной разработке

Как и сабж

На SWCE Кеннеди вновь спросили про сабж.

По её словам, проект ещё может состояться (в виде фильма или сериала)

"Rogue Squadron, that definitely is something that we still talk about Whether it's a movie, or whether it ends up being in the series space, that's definitely something."

По словам Пэтти Дженкинс, она подписала новый контракт с Lucasfilm и вновь работает над фильмом

"So, when I left Star Wars to do Wonder Woman 3 , I thought maybe I'll come back to Star Wars after Wonder Woman 3 . So we did a deal for that to happen, started a deal, but I thought I was doing Wonder Woman. When that went away, Lucasfilm and I were like, oh, we gotta finish this deal. We finished the deal right as the strike was happening. So I now owe a draft of Star Wars and so we will see what happens there. You know, like, who knows?

And so we will see what happens there. You know, like, who knows? It's hard, they have a hard job in front of them of what's the first movie they're gonna do. They have other directors who have been working, but I am now, you know, I'm back on doing Rogue Squadron and we'll see what happens. We need to develop, you know, get it to where we're both super happy with it.

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...