Даг Райт

Оператор

Эдвард Лахман

Продюсеры

Риз УизерспунКристин Вачон

Марк Э. ПлаттПамела Коффлер

МИШЕЛЬ УИЛЬЯМС

qN9HJ81.jpg

Биографический фильм, посвященный американской джазовой певице и актрисе Пегги Ли

Изменено пользователем DandyAndy

Главное, чтобы это не мешало Рейхардткомеди про художников.

По словам Хейнса, съемки стартуют осенью

Todd Haynes confirmed on the Cannes red carpet for 'The Velvet Underground' that the Peggy Lee biopic 'Fever' with Michelle Williams will be his next film and that they will begin shooting in the late fall.

IndieWire

With MGM set to produce the movie, Haynes initially expected to go into production this fall, but once the studio was acquired by Amazon last month, the project was pushed into next year.

“It’s a demanding movie for the budget, but we can hold onto the really great creative team I’ve put together,” he said, beaming about the work he planned to do with costume designer Sandy Powell and his regular cinematographer Ed Lachman. “I’m so ready,” he said. “It’ll be a bit later, but it’s fine, as long as I know it’s happening.”

He first approached Williams about the project years ago, but it was delayed when she committed to Steven Spielberg’s upcoming drama based on his childhood. He has yet to set up any screen tests with the actress in character as the iconic singer. “I haven’t seen the transformation, but I’m not worried,” he said. “On ‘Fosse/Verdon,’ she just took it to the whole other level.”

Haynes said he has gained access to Lee’s archives through her granddaughter, Holly, and the story would use a series of live performances as its centerpiece with several flashbacks. “When you read about her, you really read about what it was like to be in a small club with Peggy Lee at her best moments,” he said. “That’s sort of the way the film is structured around key live performances that we hope to perform live in the movie, but they’ll trigger the past and giving it a gauzy, soft focus, star filter treatment that seems appropriate.”

Sounds like a Todd Haynes movie alright. “I think it’s very me,” he said, and chuckled. “She’s complicated. She’s not the cool character that she sounds like on her records and that she performed as a person. I like that contradiction.”

Haynes said he insisted on a theatrical release for the movie as part of his contract, a demand also included in his deal with Apple for “The Velvet Underground,” at least as far as North America is concerned.

Хейнс

“It’s something I’d started to develop between ‘Carol’ and ‘Wonderstruck.’ Then I put it aside and read it again during COVID-19,” he said, adding that the film will explore jazz culture in mid-century America and the role of a woman as a performer.

“A very unique kind of performer who represented overt sexuality, particularly for her time. She was the Mae West of popular songs,” he said about Lee, mentioning that the script will be structured around her memorable performances.

“Something happens with Peggy in these rooms that’s so strange – it feels utterly intimate and honest. She has that incredible cool about her but there is something performative too. And a great deal of sadness.”

Michelle Williams tells Variety that the planned Peggy Lee biopic directed by Todd Haynes has been shelved. “It’s gone the way of the buffalo, I’m afraid. But if anyone reading this story would like to resurrect it, Todd and I are on board for that.”

Похоже студия передумала снимать фильм

Похоже студия передумала снимать фильм

У MGM новые владельцы со своими планами.

Пока отправляю в заморозку

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...