Ли Дэниелс

В ролях

Опра Уинфри

Ремейк фильма 1983 года, снятого по мотивам одноименного романа Лэрри МакМёртри

[ATTACH]619009[/ATTACH]

Всё будет плохо, можете скринить.

Год назад был слух от The Illuminerdi, что роль Бридлава предлагали Уиллу Смиту

Ли Дэниелс в разговоре с Питом Хэммондом

But Lee Daniels, whose latest film The United States Vs. Billie Holiday landed star Andra Day a Best Actress nomination, wants to do a new spin on 1983’s Terms Of Endearment which scooped up five Oscars including Best Picture, Actress for Shirley MacLaine, Supporting Actor for Jack Nicholson, Director and Screenplay. Should he do it? Here is his reasoning when I asked him if he really was going to try a new take on it.

“Yeah I was doing that. I still don’t know what the status is. We got the rights and Paramount was really excited,” he said of the studio that also originally had his Billie Holiday picture before turning it over to Hulu to play in this season’s awards sandbox.

“So we are just trying to figure out what the budget is and what that is going to be. It is told from a Black perspective, and it is told from my perspective from the 80’s . I really loved that movie, and I think I loved it because I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t stop crying. I think it wasn’t just because of Shirley MacLaine’s and Debra Winger’s great performances. I think it was because during that time I lost so many of my friends from AIDs. And I think for me no one has really told a true story about what it was like being Black with AIDS during that time , and so as opposed to cancer, the Debra Winger character has AIDs , and she could have gotten it from her husband that is on the DL, or from her lover who slams heroin. And what happened during that time, it wasn’t like cancer, people didn’t want you in their house. A lot of my friends couldn’t go home to their moms. People were dying and the hospitals wouldn’t accept them. People were dying and they were literally dying in the streets. So this is a story that is important to me and I am excited about telling it from that perspective.”

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...