Чет орнул с Бернтала в трейлере)

• Ответов 116
  • Создана
  • Последний ответ

Топ авторов темы

Топ авторов темы

Will Smith Leaves It All on the Court in King Richard

Ещё отзывы

'King Richard' is love. 'King Richard' is family. The 'Rocky' of tennis movies. The 'Rocky' for every Black kid in the world. Will Smith's finest moments as an actor. Saniyya Sidney is proof the future for Black women in Hollywood is bright. Welcome to the Oscar Race!

A movie like KING RICHARD could go saccharine at any moment. But Reinaldo Marcus Green is a serious director and Will Smith channels his spunky energy into the idea of Richard Williams so well that by the end he basically IS him.

King Richard is a big-hearted crowd pleaser. Will Smith does a terrific job as the father of tennis legend daughters. Very reminiscent of “The Blind Side.” Smith has a good chance of following in Bullock’s shoes with Oscar. It’s a better written film, but it follows a similar formula and could find a similar path with Oscar.

KING RICHARD starts out pretty run of the mill and then keeps getting better. While it’s Will Smith’s show it’s got a killer ensemble from Saniyya Sidney and Demi Singleton as Venus and Serena, a great Jon Bernthal but the film’s secret weapon is Aunjanue Ellis.

Wow King Richard is such an inspirational incredible story. Will Smith def in the convo but just a crowd pleaser

King Richard is a big sweet cathartic crowd pleaser with a larger than life Will Smith in very small shorts

King Richard is an inspirational feel-great film that is certainly going to get a ton of awards attention. Will Smith delivers his best performance since the Pursuit of Happiness and don’t be surprised if Aunjanue Ellis gets a supporting actress nomination too.

King Richard is a strong sports movie with a fantastic message and story. Standouts were Aunjanue Ellis and Saniyya Sidney (great as Venus). Not all choices made sense to me, but you can’t help but admire such an important family story.

Oh another great movie out of Telluride is King Richard. Wow. I know I keep coming up aces here but trust me. The superhero origin story of Venus and Serena Williams. Wonderful.

In a different kind of year this would be a $200 mil baby easy. Will Smith is fantastic. Everyone is good. Loved.

King Richard has the familiar contours of an inspirational real-life sports drama/biopic, but Reinaldo Marcus Green still manages to expertly subvert + surprise in many ways depicting the ascendence of the Williams sisters. A crowd-pleaser and one of the best films of the year.

Will Smith delivers the performance of his career as Richard Williams. Still always charming but also iconoclastic, rigidly austere, straddling a fine line between delusion and absolute faith in himself and his plan for his family - it’s tremendous work through and through.

Also most impressive are Aunjanue Ellis as Brandy Williams, the maternal voice of reason to Richard’s single-mindedness, and newcomer Saniyya Sidney as young Venus Williams. Pamela Martin’s editing and Kris Bowers’ score are both excellent as well.

In all, King Richard is an impressively crafted accomplishment that sets a new bar for inspirational sports dramas. And it certainly deserves its place in the Oscar conversation when that time rolls around again.

Похоже у Камбербетча появился серьезный конкурент на статуэтку...

В любом случае, скорее всего три-четыре актерских номинации тут будут.

В любом случае, скорее всего три-четыре актерских номинации тут будут.

Малореально. Дай бог - чтобы Смиту дали номинацию. Посмотрим потом.

MT 73 после 6 рецензий

KING RICHARD is a better than average rousing, feel-good sports drama featuring one of Will Smith’s very best performances. The supporting cast is equally as phenomenal with outstanding turns from Aunjanue Ellis, Jon Bernthal & Saniyya Sidney. Inspirational, moving & entertaining.

Audience ERUPTED in applause at the end. Will Smith is undoubtedly the frontrunner for Best Actor. Nominations could also come in Picture, Supporting Actress (Ellis), Supporting Actor (Bernthal), Screenplay & the Original Song from Beyonce. Warner Bros has a winner on their hands

Just got out of King Richard which is fantastic. Will Smith is wonderful and coming for that Oscar. The whole cast is great. A really enjoyable watch.

Покажут на Лондонском кинофестивале

Фильм закрытия AFI FEST и международного кинофестиваля в Чикаго

Фильм открытия кинофестиваля в Мидлберге

H1DF24X.jpg

GQ

Before I spoke to Smith, his collaborators and friends kept telling me how great a place he’s in at the moment—that he’s centered, deliberate, and even spiritual. Once we settled in for a conversation, Smith told me that his aim now is “strictly to tell stories that help people figure out how to be happy here.” He continued: “The idea is I spent the first half of my life gathering, gathering, gathering, and now the second half of my life is going to be giving it all away.”

That means making movies like King Richard, directed by Reinaldo Marcus Green and due in theaters this November, in which Smith portrays Richard Williams, the eccentric, hard-nosed father of Venus and Serena. In the grand Smith tradition, it’s an inspiring story of triumph over adversity that contains an affecting character study. The irascible Williams trained both daughters with balls collected from the tennis clubs he couldn’t get into, and protected them from the grind of tennis and the media in a way that makes him look like a prophet of the current moment in which athletes like Naomi Osaka and Simone Biles prioritize their agency and mental health. Smith plays him as a crotchety, unbending, but fiercely loving parent. “My dad was and still is way before his time,” Serena Williams told me in an email. “You see, when someone is different—when they don’t act or look how a person assumed they would—the first reaction is often fear. They think, How do we break them? My dad anticipated that, but he would not allow himself or his family to be broken.”

Smith’s portrayal, Serena added, was so convincing that there were moments she had to remind herself that it wasn’t actually her father on the screen. “Richard Williams is a lot like my father,” Smith explained to me. “So when I first read [the script], I understood what it’s like to want your kids to succeed. I had done it a little bit with my kids. I understood what it was to try to mold a young mind, how it’s different with sons than it is with daughters.”

I think we can all safely assume that Will Smith has got the Oscar in the bag

Just saw The Fresh Prince's coronation AKA King Richard, and gotta say Will Smith is HUNGRY for that Oscar

King Richard almost made my heart burst. It's joyous. I expected an exhibition, but got an emotional slam. Will Smith is magnetic, but as Venus, Saniyya Sidney is his equal.

Game, set, match. Remember that film I mentioned that was my first five star movie from LFF, well, it was the brilliant King Richard

An absolute triumph in its storytelling, emotional tone (I cried) and yes, for me it’s Will Smith’s best performance yet. A real winner!

King Richard is the ultimate crowd pleaser with a captivating, transformative performance from Will Smith. This will be an across the board contender and one all audiences will love.

Таких кричащих оскарбейтов больше в карьере может и не быть, надо давать.

Или не надо.

Таких кричащих оскарбейтов больше в карьере может и не быть, надо давать.

Или не надо.

Не надо, слишком оскарбейт, скучно, Смит заслуживает лучшего.

Получил приз зрительских симпатий на кинофестивале Heartland

[ATTACH]626911[/ATTACH]

Такой типаж фильмов мой самый нелюбимый. Максимальный уровень оскарбейтства.

Разделил приз зрительских симпатий с фильмом C'mon C'mon на кинофестивале Film Fest 919 в Северной Каролине

‘King Richard’ is the Real Deal; A Best Picture Frontrunner

Warner Bros. were kind enough to let me screen Marcus Reinaldo Green’s “King Richard” last night.

This was one of the films I missed out on in the fall festival circuit (along with Mike Mills’ “C’mon C’mon” and Maggie Gylenhaal’s “The Lost Daughter”). Suffice to say, it’s an incredibly entertaining affair, and I’m glad to report that it doesn’t refrain from showing how flawed (and obsessively aggressive) Richard Williams was in his persistent pursuit of perfection.

At this point, Will Smith has got to win the Best Actor statuette — not only is the buzz behind his performance deafening, but he’s also just really damn good in the movie. Aunjanue Ellis is also a contender.

Yes, this is not a risk-taking/arthouse picture and I do think the high-brows will just shrug it off, alas, it’s one of the few solid adult dramas that will be released this year.

What can I say about “King Richard” other than it’s a phenomenally-acted, smartly written and edited film that truly engrossed the inner sports fan in me. I know all about Richard Williams; married three times, hard-headed, aggressive, passionate etc. You see all that and then some in this movie.

I’ll encompass all my thoughts in an upcoming review.

Фильм закрытия международного кинофестиваля в Чикаго

Приз зрительских симпатий

[ATTACH]627133[/ATTACH]

Спотлайт, Мунлайт и Номадланд тоже выигрывали в Чикаго.

Приз зрительских симпатий на кинофестивале в Филадельфии (участвовал и Белфаст)

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.
Примечание: Ваш пост будет проверен модератором, прежде чем станет видимым.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

• Сейчас на странице   0 пользователей онлайн

• Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу
  • Создать...